About The U Card
Your U Card is your official University of Minnesota ID.
Your U Card will give you access to different services on campus. Your U Card can also be used to access accounts that are attached to your U Card. Please see the ‘Accounts’ page for more details on which accounts you may have on your U Card (based on your role/status at the University).
Taking Care Of Your U Card
- Store your U Card in a protective sleeve or case
- Keep your U Card in a secure place
- Carry your U card with you on campus
- Punch a hole in your U Card
- Lend your U Card to anyone
- Scratch the magnetic stripe
- Put your U Card near a magnet
U Cards do not expire but services on them may. You may receive a free replacement U Card every 5 years. If you leave the University and return within 5 years of receiving your U Card you will need to use the same U Card or pay a replacement fee. Exceptions to this rule includes role changes. (ex. going from student to staff)