Getting Your U Card
You will receive your first U Card from the U Card Office in Coffman Memorial Union.
You must present an approved primary form of a government issued photo ID to receive your first U Card.
You may present 2 different types of approved secondary forms of ID for a replacement U Card if you do not have an approved primary form of ID.
All forms of ID must be a hard copy or in physical form. We will not accept ID paperwork, a photo of an ID, a document on your mobile device or a photocopy of an ID.
You MUST have a primary form
of ID to receive your first U Card
Approved Primary Forms of IDs
for a First or Replacement U Card:
- US Passport
- US Passport Card
- Foreign Passport
- US State or Territory Driver’s License
- US or State Agency ID Card
- US Military ID Card
- US Military Dependent’s ID Card
- US Coast Guard Merchant Marine Card
- Tribal Card
We will accept 2 forms of approved secondary IDs
for a replacement U Card if you do not have an
approved primary form of ID
Approved Secondary Forms of IDs
for Replacement U Card
(Must provide 2 different forms):
- High School Photo ID
- Mail with Your Name & Address (information must match what is on file in the UMN system)
- Social Security Card
- Sign on to MyU
- Certified Birth Certificate