The U Card Office is open Monday-Friday 8AM-4PM.
The U Card Office is located on the ground floor of Coffman Memorial Union near the Bookstore. Currently, Coffman Memorial Union remains unlocked during business hours.
Individuals visiting the U Card Office:
No appointment is needed for an individual to visit the U Card Office.
- Upload your photo - We would like to encourage our customers to utilize our photo upload system to limit the amount of time in our office. To upload a photo for your U Card, please visit z.umn.edu/photoupload. Once you have uploaded your photo, please check your University email for an email approving or denying your photo. Once approved, visit us the next business day to pick up your card.
- We are not handling IDs or payments - We are making every effort to not handle any cards, IDs or payments. If you plan to visit our office please be aware of this and do not hand your card to staff unless asked.
- No alternate pick up person or mailing cards - We are unable to give a U Card to an alternate pick up person. U Card holders must pick up their own card. Additionally, the U Card Office does not mail U Cards.
- Masks are required - Per the Governor's Executive Order 20-81, people in Minnesota are required to wear a face covering in all indoor businesses and public indoor spaces.
- 4 customers in the office at one time - to ensure proper social distancing, we will only allow 4 customers in the U Card Office at one time.
Groups visiting the U Card Office:
Groups of 10 or more are asked to schedule an appointment prior to visiting the U Card Office. Please email [email protected] to schedule a date and time.
If you are experiencing issues with your U Card or have general inquiry questions we ask that you please email us at [email protected] or call our front desk at 612-626-9900. In many circumstances, we will be able to resolve issues and answer questions and you will not need to visit our office.
REMINDER: The U Card Office does not assign or control door access. Contact your supervisor, building front desk staff or professor if you require updated access.