About TCF U Card Checking
CONVENIENT, ON-CAMPUS BANKING
FOR STUDENTS ON-CAMPUS, OFF-CAMPUS, AND ON-THE-GO.
TCF Campus Checking gives you easy access to 18- on-campus TCF ATMs and two full-service banking centers where you can withdraw cash for free.
TCF Bank® is proud to be a partner of the University of Minnesota Twin Cities since 1995. TCF Bank is committed to financially supporting student and auxiliary programs, scholarships, service awards, and men's and women's athletics.
Direct deposit paychecks or financial aid checks to get money faster
✔ Use our mobile app with online bill pay, mobile check deposit, and more
✔ Link your debit card to a mobile wallet to pay with your phone
- Free U of M Sweatshirt when you deposit $25 or more into your new TCF Campus Checking account.
- Bring your deposit and photo ID or account number to one of our full-service banking centers on campus. Limit one sweatshirt per customer.
- No monthly maintenance fee for active accounts with eStatements.
- No minimum balance.
- No minimum opening deposit.
- Other fees may apply. These include, for example, overdrafts, returned item NSFs, dormant accounts, paper statements, ATM transactions at non-TCF ATMs, check orders, and other optional services.
Bank with your mobile device
TCF checking accounts include digital banking, with a free mobile app that lets you deposit checks and monitor your balance. You can set up alerts that keep you updated about your account, set and track a budget and more. Learn more about digital banking.
How to open your account
You can open a checking account online at tcfbank.com/uofmn, or stop by one of our two campus locations.
Already have a TCF checking account?
As a current student, staff or faculty member, you can upgrade your existing TCF checking account anytime.
To upgrade your account, bring your ID to one of our two campus locations. We accept the following IDs: Driver’s license, state ID card, passport, military ID or matricula consular.
Learn more about TCF checking accounts:
The University’s U Card Agreement with TCF Bank
The Department of Education regulation 668.164(e) requires the full disclosure of financial arrangements between the University of Minnesota and TCF Bank. The agreement between the university and TCF Bank is considered a "T2" relationship as defined by the Department of Education. The University receives support from TCF Bank through its financial contributions to scholarships, programs and student organizations.
The relationship with TCF Bank in connection with U Cards does not require that students, faculty, or staff open or maintain accounts with TCF Bank. The use of U Cards to participate in the Gopher Gold program, a declining balance cash system that may be used to pay for many campus services is fully independent of the University’s relationship with TCF Bank. No TCF account is required for the Gopher Gold program.
For the award year period of July 1 2018 - June 30 2019
Number of active accounts = 26,748
Mean of fees assessed on active accounts = $24.22
Median of fees assessed on accounts = $0.00
ATM Rent: $220,546
For additional information about this relationship please refer to the following links:
- University Card Royalty Agreement with TCF Bank
- 1st Amendment to University Card Royalty Agreement
- 2nd Amendment to University Card Royalty Agreement
- 3rd Amendment to University Card Royalty Agreement
- 4th Amendment to University Card Royalty Agreement
- TCF Campus Card Checking Account Fees Disclosure