About TCF U Card Checking
CONVENIENT, ON-CAMPUS BANKING
FOR STUDENTS ON-CAMPUS, OFF-CAMPUS, AND ON-THE-GO.
TCF Campus Checking gives you easy access to two on-campus TCF ATMs and one full-service banking center where you can withdraw cash for free.
· Direct deposit paychecks or financial aid checks to get money faster
· Use our mobile app with online bill pay, mobile check deposit, and more
· Link your debit card to a mobile wallet to pay with your phone
· Free U of M sweatshirt when you deposit $25 or more into your new TCF Campus Checking account
· No monthly maintenance fee for active accounts with eStaements
· No minimum balance
· No minimum opening deposit
· Other fees may apply. These include, for example, overdrafts, returned item NSFs, dormant account, ATM transactions at non-TCF ATMs, check orders, paper statements and other optional services
Bank with your mobile device
TCF checking accounts include digital banking, with a free mobile app that lets you deposit checks and monitor your balance. You can set up alerts that keep you updated about your account, set and track a budget and more. Learn more about digital banking.
How to open your account
You can open a checking account online at tcfbank.com/umd anytime or stop by our convenient on-campus banking center location.
Already have a TCF checking account?
As a current staff or faculty member you can upgrade your existing TCF checking account anytime.
To upgrade your account bring your ID to our convenient on-campus banking center location. We accept the following IDs. Driver’s license, state ID card, passport, military D, or matricula consular.
Check out the helpful TCF Bank links below:
The University’s U Card Agreement with TCF Bank
The Department of Education regulation 668.164(e) requires the full disclosure of financial arrangements between the University of Minnesota and TCF Bank.The agreement between the university and TCF Bank is considered a "T2" relationship as defined by the Department of Education. The University receives support from TCF Bank through its financial contributions to scholarships, programs and student organizations.
The relationship with TCF Bank in connection with U Cards does not require that students, faculty, or staff open or maintain accounts with TCF Bank. The use of U Cards to participate in the Campus Cash program, a declining balance cash system that may be used to pay for many campus services is fully independent of the University’s relationship with TCF Bank. No TCF account is required for the Campus Cash program.
For additional information about this relationship please refer to the following links:
- University Card Royalty Agreement with TCF Bank
- 1st Amendment to University Card Royalty Agreement
- 2nd Amendment to University Card Royalty Agreement
- 3rd Amendment to University Card Royalty Agreement
- 4th Amendment to University Card Royalty Agreement
- TCF Campus Card Checking Account Fees Disclosure