Sponsored U Cards

If you have an Affiliated Academic Staff, Affiliated Staff, Affiliated Students or Visiting Students and you would like them to obtain a U Card, University Departments may complete a Sponsored Internet Account and Services form at www.umn.edu/dirtools/sponsor

Please be sure to check ‘U Card’ under  ‘Select the Service Type’ on the form and provide your EFS #.

  • It may take up to 48 hours for your sponsored account to be active in the U Card system. After 24 hours you may call our office at 218-281-8548 to ask for the status of your Sponsored Account. Please have the sponsored staff or student's first, last name and Internet ID available.

  • Once the sponsoring department’s online request is processed you will be eligible for a U Card

  • Note: Sponsored accounts do not have staff or student ID #s so one will not print on their U Card.