Staff and Faculty

Staff and Faculty must be entered into the Human Resources Management System (HRMS)/PeopleSoft before they can get a U Card (this includes both paid and unpaid appointments).

Eligible appointments for a U Card include: faculty, academic staff, staff, retired faculty, retired academic staff, retired staff and Regents. Departments can find more information about sponsoring short-term employees under the ‘Sponsored U Cards’ tab.

Transfer Students

Transfer students who have enrolled in the University of Minnesota Crookston and have paid their enrollment fee are eligible for a U Card. Transfer students who are transferring from a University of Minnesota system campus (Twin Cities, Rochester, Duluth, Morris) are eligible for a free University of Minnesota Crookston U Card if they turn in their previous U Card.