Staff and Faculty

Staff and Faculty must be entered into the Human Resources Management System (HRMS)/PeopleSoft before they can get a U Card. This includes both paid and unpaid appointments.

Eligible appointments for a U Card include: faculty, academic staff, staff, retired faculty, retired academic staff, retired staff and Regents. Departments can find more information about sponsoring affiliated employees or students under  ‘Sponsored U Cards’. 

Transfer Students

Transfer students who have enrolled in the University of Minnesota Twin Cities and have paid their enrollment fee are eligible for a U Card.

Transfer students who are transferring from a University of Minnesota system campus (Duluth, Rochester, Crookston, Morris) are eligible for a FREE University of Minnesota Twin Cities U Card.