University of Minnesota
U Card Offie

Services for Departments

Temporary Access Cards

What are Temporary Access Cards?
The U Card Office provides Temporary Access Cards for individuals who will be part of the University of Minnesota community for a limited period of time and who do not qualify for a U Card but need access to a secured building or areas. Included in this category may be visiting professors, lecturers, non-U of M maintenance people, contractors, etc. The department ordering Temporary Access Cards takes responsiblity for the card and should keep track of who has the card for the security of the department.

Please Note:

  • Cards can only be ordered by University Departments
  • Cards are currently charged to the department's EFS number and are $25 per card
  • Cards are to be used for a limited time
  • Cards should NOT be given to vendors
  • Cards must be picked up by the person who places the order (unless otherwise specified) and
    or that person must have a valid government issued photo ID (Driver's license, state ID, Military ID, or Tribal ID or passports are accepted)

If you need further clarification about Temporary Access Cards or you’d like to place an order, please contact:

U Card Office Operations Manager
(612) 626-9900

Picture of a Temporary Access CardTemporary Access Card Example