Deactivation & Replacement U Cards
Deactivating Your U Card
Deactivating your U card will shut off any services (accounts, door access, etc.) on your U Card.
All of your door access and accounts will transfer over once you receive a replacement U Card. It can take up to 12 hours for all your door access to transfer over once you receive your replacement U Card.
Deactivation is permanent! Once a card has been deactivated it can never be reactivated.
Replacement U Cards
If you are currently eligible for a replacement U Card (please see eligibility page) you may be subject to a $25 replacement fee if your card is lost, damaged or stolen. The U Card staff will determine if a fee will apply.
Remember to bring a valid form of ID!
Departments can pay for their employee's replacement U Card at their discretion. To pay for an employee's replacement U Card, please email email@example.com with your department's EFS number and the employee's name and ID #.
We will waive your replacement fee if:
- Your U Card was stolen and you can provide us with a police report number
- Your U Card is 5+ years old
- Your U Card’s smart chip fails
- You have had a legal name change (please see more details below)
Legal Name Changes:
- Staff and Faculty – Legal name needs to be properly updated in the PeopleSoft system 24 hours prior to coming to the U Card Office. You must return your previous U Card to receive a free replacement card.
- Student – Legal name change needs to be properly updated with OneStop Student Services 24 hours prior to coming to the U Card Office. You must return your previous U Card to receive a free replacement card.
If you have changed your preferred name and would like a new U Card, you will be charged a $25 replacement fee unless you fall under a replacement fee exception.
Replacement U Cards can be printed at the U Card Office or the U Card Office Satellite locations.
A new photo will be taken each time a replacement U Card is issued for security purposes.