University of Minnesota
U Card Office Duluth

Go to U Card Office home page.

Welcome Visitors!visitortour

Criteria to obtain your U Card:

Affiliated Academic Staff, Affiliated Staff, Affiliated Students, Visiting Students, short-term employees, and all others sponsored by a University department, you must ask your sponsoring department to use the web-based process under the Services for Departments link to formalize your sponsorship. If you are not sponsored by a University department, you are ineligible for a U Card.

Once the sponsoring department’s online request is processed you will be eligible for a U Card, which will be granted for one year from the time the card is processed. At the end of that year, your sponsoring department should contact the U Card Office to verify continuing University status.

After your sponsoring department has submitted their request, it takes until the next day to process the request. Before you visit our office to get your U Card please contact the U Card Office (218-726-8814) to make sure the sponsor request has been fullyvisitorband processed.

When you arrive to get your U Card, a government issued photo ID must be presented. Driver's License, State ID, Military ID, Tribal ID or passports are accepted.



ucardfrontU Card Photos:

Digital photos are taken as part of the card issuance process. A new photo will be taken each time a replacement U Card is issued for security purposes.

U Card photos must be an unobstructed, front view of the
full face that is a representation of the true appearance of the card holder. Photo must be taken in normal street attire without a hat or dark glasses. No facial or hand gestures or foreign objects are to be included in the photo.