University of Minnesota
U Card Office Duluth

Go to U Card Office home page.


Services for Departments

The U Card Office offers many services for University departments, from sending you our U Card brochures to designing and printing ID Badges. Take a look.

Should an employee's U Card be collected?

U Cards must NOT be collected by departments upon termination of full-time or student employment. Because of the services associated with an employee’s U Card, they must never be turned in or collected upon termination of employment. Additionally, U Card should never be retained as collateral for department services.

How do I use the U Card for Authentication?

Check Enrollment/Employment Online! The U Card Office offers an Authentication Web Process. After a department requests access to the Authentication Web Page, they can check current enrollment/employment status online with the swipe of a U Card. The web page can be used with or without a card reader and is available free of charge. For more information, contact:

Amy Keran, Director

How can I get a U Card for short-term employees or students or long-term visitors? You can request a sponsored U Card. Link to instructions below.

Sponsoring Visitors


How do I order an ID Badge?

ID Badges