University of Minnesota
U Card Office Crookston

Go to U Card Office home page.

Replacement U Cards

Replacement U Cards are issued in the U Card Office, 9 Hill Hall. Bring your Driver's License, State ID, Military ID, Tribal ID or passport and be prepared to have your picture taken.

There is a $25 replacement fee if your initial or subsequent U Card is ever lost, damaged or stolen. The fee can be paid by cash or check.

If you’re an employee, your department can agree to pay the fee using an EFS account. When paying by EFS account we require a memo on department letterhead stating the name of the employee to receive the U Card, the department’s EFS number and the appropriate signature. Please refer to University policy if your department receives sponsored funds.

Do I have to pay?




The lamination is peeling (with no other sign of misuse).


The card has been misused (Ice scraper, chewed by pet, etc.).

readerwearThere is reader damage or wear (with no other sign of misuse).

bentThe card is bent.


Card photo or text is fading (not because of rubbing).

warpedThe Card is warped from heat (from dashboard or clothes dryer, etc.).


The card will not hold encoding on the magnetic stripe.


A hole was punched or stickers/tape are on your card.


You have a name or status change* (must have & turn in previous U Card at the time of re-issuance).


The card is broken or split.


Additional Information


*****Please note: The current valid U Card must be surrendered to the U Card Office in the case of a name change, a status change or a transfer within the University system or you will be charged the replacement fee.