Students enrolled exclusively in online courses at UMM must be registered for classes a minimum of 24 hours prior to obtaining a U Card.
Note: University entitlements are based on current status only, not future status.
Online students can request a U Card in person, via USPS or via email
In person: Visit our office to obtain your U Card in person. Be prepared to have your picture taken. Digital photos are taken as part of the card issuance process. Be sure to bring a government issued photo ID, which must be presented at the time of card issuance (driver's license, state ID, military ID, tribal ID or passport are accepted).
Via USPS: Students may submit a current (taken within the last year), standard size (2"x2" up to 2 1/4" x 3 1/2"), passport quality photo (use photo quality guidelines below) and a copy of a valid government issued photo ID (driver's license, state ID, military ID, tribal ID or passport).
Photos and copies of government issued photo IDs can be submitted via USPS to:
U Card Office
600 East 4th Street
Morris, MN 56267
Please include the return address where your U Card should be mailed.
Via email: Students may submit a current (taken within the last year) photo (use photo quality guidelines below) in the form of a .jpg or .jpeg file. Please include a copy of a valid government issued photo ID (driver's license, state ID, military ID, tribal ID or passport) in the form of a .jpg or .jpeg file as well. Email your two photos to email@example.com.
Please include the return address where your card should be mailed.
- At least 600 pixels by 600 pixels or 2” x 2” photo in JPEG format.
- Use a plain white, off-white or light gray background, free of patterns, objects, textures, etc. (No trees, bricks, windows, grass, stairs, wood, doors, etc.)
- Image of face and shoulders facing forward. Do NOT zoom in on face. Leave space around the sides of your face and the top of your head.
- Clear image in color without any added filters, effects or clip art.
- Use good lighting. No overexposed photos.
- A clear, unobstructed, front view of the full head and shoulders. No hands can be touching the face or in the image. Eyes must be open.
- A photo of the student alone in normal street attire with no hats, sunglasses, hand symbols or pets in photo (religious head coverings are acceptable).
- Recent (less than one year old).
If you are cropping a photo to look like the example, be aware cropped photos can become pixilated and will not be accepted.